Elderly residents

The goal of elder care in Kramfors Municipality is to provide our older residents with the opportunity to live their lives as safely and independently as possible. This means that, whenever possible, our older residents should be able to continue living in their own homes while receiving the support and care they need.

The National Board of Health and Welfare – Äldreguiden

(online guide about housing and services available to the elderly)

The National Board of Health and Welfare’s guide for the elderly allows you to find and compare retirement homes, short-term accommodation, home help services and daily activity. You can also compare different housing options and get more information about each facility.

How do I apply for help at home or other care for the elderly?

Start by contacting an aid administrator at 0612-800 00 and they will evaluate what kind of assistance is available to you.

If you would prefer to apply online, you can go to Kramfors Municipality’s self-service. External link.

Do you need medical aids?

In most cases, it is an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or a district nurse that performs an assessment and testing and prescribes medical aids if needed. Some medical aids are prescribed at a specialist clinic.

If you live at home, regardless of age

You should first contact an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or district nurse at your local healthcare centre.
Contact information for healthcare centres (hälsocentralen) can be found below.

Healthcare Kramfors External link.

Bruksgatan 12-14, Kramfors

Telefon 0612-860 42

Healthcare Höga Kusten External link.

Vårdhemsvägen 2, Ullånger

Telefon 0613-71 11 01

Healthcare Nyland External link.

Biskopsgatan 1, Nyland

Telefon 0612-77 15 35

If you live in special housing or a group home

You should first contact an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or nurse who works in your home care service district.

  • Höga kusten district
  • Kramfors district
  • Bollsta, Nyland district

If you have any questions, please contact Hjälpmedel Västernorrland, customer service 060-14 96 10 or the municipality's switchboard, see the Contacts section on this page.

If you need visual or hearing aids

Contact Region Västernorrland, they are responsible for visual and hearing aids. switchboard, 0611-800 00

Home adaptations

A home adaptation grant is a municipal grant for hose who have a permanent or long-term disability.


In order for the municipality to be able to assess whether you qualify for a grant, you must submit an application form. You can apply via our e-service External link. or by filling in a form, see the section Related e-services on this page.


The application must be accompanied by a certificate from an occupational therapist, physiotherapist, doctor or other specialist showing that the measures for which you are applying in the grant are necessary in relation to your disability.

The contact person for home adaptation is

Sanna Torsbrink


Uppdaterad: Sidansvarig: Lena Björn


Kom in customer service
0612-800 00

Visiting address
Torggatan 2

Postal address
Kramfors kommun
872 80 Kramfors